Valencia Orange Marmalade will add a sweet citrus note to this healthy Asian inspired salad. See link below.
Comfort food at its best! Prepare this meatloaf substituting the Hoison glaze with our SunnysideLOCAL Orange Chili Dipping Sauce. For a more healthful meatloaf substitute bacon with turkey bacon and ground beef and pork with ground turkey. For this recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit visit…
Our Black Mission Fig Jam brings a summery mediterranean sweetness to this unique, flavorful pizza. Perfect for an evening dinner outdoors paired with a fresh Sauvignon Blanc or light fruity Pinot Noir wine. The recipe calls for Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses by experiment with goat or Gorgonzola cheese as well.
Zucchini Fritters with Balsamic Red Pepper Jam – Our Red Pepper jam is a tribute to our good growing practices. The Chinese Red Giant peppers that make up the jam base are sweet and full of flavor. Our jalapenos are a mild compliment to balance the boldness of the Balsamic vinegar. The jam pairs very well with these delicious fritters that could work as a meal side dish or party hors dourves. For fritter recipe click link below:
Our Orange Chili Dipping Sauce is the perfect mate for this quick and tasty dish. The coconut flour adds a beautiful layer of flavor to the chicken, but you don’t have to use it. The Japanese Panko crumbs, on the other hand, are pretty necessary to the texture of this chicken, they add a crispness to the coating.
INGREDIENTS: 1 lb chicken tenders, 1/2 cup coconut flour (you can use regular), 2 eggs, well beaten, 1 cup Panko bread crumbs, 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut oil for frying (I use peanut)
- In a series of 3 plates or wide shallow bowls, set out the flour in one, the beaten eggs in another, and the bread crumbs mixed with the shredded coconut in the third.
- Coat all the tenders in the flour and set aside on a plate while you begin heating the oil in a wide bottomed frying pan. You should have about 1/8 inch of oil and it should be nice and hot before you begin cooking.
- When the oil is hot, dip the tenders in the egg, coating them completely, and then into the crumb/coconut mixture. Make sure you get them completely coated with the coconut crumbs. Shake off the excess.
- Saute the chicken until golden on both sides, which will take about 4 minutes total, depending on the thickness of your tenders and the temperature of your oil. Do this in batches so the tenders have space between them and the oil stays hot. Replenish with more oil if you need to between batches, but let it come up to temperature before adding more chicken.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime and the Orange Chili Dipping Sauce.